Atola Insight Forensic offers complex data retrieval functions along with utilities for manually accessing hard drives at the lowest level. The software is wrapped in a very simple and efficient user interface.
Our forensic data recovery tools are developed by a team of industry renowned data recovery engineers in collaboration with law enforcement agencies and forensic experts from around the globe.
Imaging of damaged drives
1. Drive diagnostics
Atola Insight Forensic is the product in both forensic and data recovery industries with the ability to accurately evaluate a hard drive’s health and pinpoint specific problems. This feature allows the users of such Atola forensic data recovery tools to take into account all factors before they get down to imaging.
2. ATA password removal
Atola Insight Forensic automatically removes ATA passwords from hard drives in just 2 minutes. This highly complex feature can be executed by the operator with one click of a button. Whenever possible, the extracted password is displayed upon its removal.
3. Evidence drive imaging
Extracting every fragment of data from hard drive is a crucial part of the data acquisition process. Insight’s imaging system allows the user to completely customize the imaging process to handle even damaged or unstable media.
This module now comes standard with SELECTIVE HEAD IMAGING. This allows the operator to identify the status of a specific read/write head and create an individual imaging approach to each one.
4. File recovery
Insight’s file recovery engine is simple, intuitive, and effective. It integrates seamlessly with Disk Imaging and Case Management systems to effectively extract data.
Smooth case management
Atola Insight Forensic is the only data recovery product built with case management in mind. All functions are tied to one-another. The system tracks and records every action taken with a hard drive. If a session is stopped and the hard drive is disconnected from Atola Insight and then later reconnected, the system will recognize the hard drive and give the operator the option to re-open the case.
Forensic imaging solution
All features of the imager are designed to support damaged media. In cases where other forensic imagers stall or abort on media errors, Atola Insight Forensic can acquire a usable image.
The system has several key features for data capture in forensic cases:
- The fastest in the industry. Imaging speed up to 520 MB/s
- Multi-pass imaging of damaged drives
- E01 or Raw target images created in the network or target drives
- In-depth automated HDD diagnostics
- Unknown ATA Password extraction
- Case management system prepares detailed reports automatically
- Hash calculation: MD5, SHA1, SHA224, SHA256, SHA384, SHA512
- Forensic data erasure methods including DoD 5220.22-M, Secure Erase, NIST 800-88, Pattern Erase
- Forensic file recovery for NTFS, APFS (with encrypted volumes), Ext 2/3/4, HFS, HFS+, ExFAT, FAT16, FAT32
- Support for SATA, IDE, SAS, USB media
- Support for Apple PCIe (2013 – recent models) and M.2 PCIe SSDs via Atola extension module
- Built-in hardware write blocker
- Optional 10Gb Ethernet via extension module